Friday, December 12, 2008

The past 17 Months

Well, first let me start off by saying I completely forgot I started a blog when I moved to TN. That was 17 months ago. (I'm an idiot and forgot my username, so check out my whooping two posts at: http://chase-ellis.blogspot.com/)

Wow. Just wow. Where have the past 17 months gone? I started off my dual degree program (MBA/MS Sport Management) not knowing anybody. Now I'm a graduate. A graduate from the University of Tennessee-Knoxville. I went through the hooding ceremony this morning! Wow. I'm still in shock the program went by this quickly. One degree down, one to go. And I've been contimplating going to law school eventually.

I started out here wondering if I was doing the right thing. Now I'm leaving and there is no doubt in my mind that I have done what was best for me. My first year was spent in the MBA side. I loved learning the material and making friends, but I'm glad I got it over with. The last some-odd months were spent in Sport Mgmt classes. What words can describe those classes? Easy. Simple. At times interesting. I spent most of my time as an intern with two different organizations. I was a basketball operations intern for Tennessee Men's Basketball and a Marketing Executive/Game Day Operations Intern for the Knoxville Thunderbolts (http://www.knoxvillethunderbolts.com). Both experiences were awesome, but it was time to move on. I've been offered a statistics operations internship with the Philadelphia 76ers, and I'm waiting to hear back from the Charlotte Bobcats! Oh joy! I'm really excited about starting this new chapter of my life :)

I've made so many great friends here. Jessica, Jarrod, Greg, Drew, Derin, Bobby, Colby, Tucker, Steph, Eddie....the list could go on. Thank you guys for being a part of my life!

1 comment:

  1. This is probably the one I will read more often. Best friends don't come around every day and I will miss mine! :o) Philly better take good care of you!!!

    ReplyDelete